July 20, 2011

Inspiration: Great Gatsby 25th Birthday


Saturday is my 25th birthday (yikes!) and I'm going all out and hosting a Great Gatsby attire party in honor of my favorite book!


These photos of Diane Kruger and Drew Barrymore (during the Grey Gardens era) have been the perfect inspiration for my outfit. I love how glam they look!


I got my costume at a wonderful vintage store called Shareen Vintage in Downtown L.A. The girls there are beyond helpful and they have such great finds for great prices.


Hair and makeup inspiration for the night are of my favorite beauties Diane Kruger and Sienna Miller... thinking of trying a fun lip color for a change with some retro curls and pearls!

Guide To Style Tip: When looking for inspiration photos of hair and makeup it is always helpful to find photos of someone with your similar coloring. It makes it much easier to imagine how the look or trend will play out on you!


Can't wait to share pictures with you all from the party! I'm having Sweet and Saucy bakery (the place that made my wedding cake) make my birthday cake to match my dress and I can't wait to see it...

8 comments:

La Petite Olga said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sure it'll be a great party!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday! What a fun idea for a party!

natasha {schue love} said...

Can't wait to see pictures! Such a fun idea!! :)

Christopher said...

i love pacey!!!hes so hot <3...im re reading GREAT GATSBY right now! I have the same bday at Fitzgerald (SEPT 24)...have u ever read The Beautiful & The Damned by Fitz?? Its pretty good, too...

Anonymous said...

what a great party idea! i can't wait to see those pictures, they are going to be precious!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!!! <3

Gracey Williams said...

That's such a great party theme idea! I hope it's a lot of fun, can't wait to see pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Dying to see the birthday outfit pics!